[VHFcontesting] operating procedure

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] operating procedure
From: Marten T Beels <martentb@goshen.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:19:27 -0500
Hello all, I'm working out final details for my September contest venture and
have found a friend to go with me.  However, he's even more inexperienced then
I am, so we still have a few questions.

What I'd like to know is, do we use one call sign?  We're both bringing radios
and will take turns operating and logging.  I know that the rules state that we
can't both operate on one band at the same time, but I can't find the answer to
my question in the rules.

When he takes his turn at the mic (or key) does he call himself KC8HZM (my call
sign) or does he use KC8HZQ (his call sign)???  My guess is that we use one
call sign for the both of us, he thinks that when we use my equipment we use my
call sign, and when we're on his radios, we use his call sign.  Who is right?

Thanks again,

Marten
KC8HZM
http://www.goshen.edu/~martentb