[VHFcontesting] Comparing Yaesu 780R to transverter for sensitivity

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Comparing Yaesu 780R to transverter for sensitivity
From: braillist@sympatico.ca (Bill Burgess)
Date: Thu Aug 14 10:48:44 2003
Greetings,

I now have a Yaesu 780 transceiver that has 10 watts output.  I also have an
MMT432/28 transverter that I have yet to use.

I read that transverters involve a lot more cabling to use.  However, from a
sensitivity standpoint on receive, am I better to use the transverter into my
Icom 756 ProII?  For transmit I can drive a good amp with either.

With the 756 it is of course very easy to forget to reduce drive and overload
but the variable rf control is nice to have.

Bill

VE3CRU@rac.ca

Email: braillist@sympatico.ca