[VHFcontesting] Unique QSO's (was Captive Rovers)

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Unique QSO's (was Captive Rovers)
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Wed Jul 30 21:39:22 2003
Tree said:
> > Maybe the thread could morph into a discussion of how "Captive Rover" is
> > defined?
>
> I think the real question is, are we okay people winning contests who have
> rovers who only work them?

Actually, this is a good point.  Let's take it back one more step, though.  Are
"Unique QSO's" (changing the term to better reflect the inquiry) a factor in
winning for anyone?

After all...this isn't just a "rover & multiop thing", is it?  It's about any
station who (for one reason or another) shows up uniquely in another station's
log, right?

Ev, W2EV