[VHFcontesting] CU2QSO

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CU2QSO
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Mon Jul 21 11:52:57 2003
I think it is safe to say there are those who think CU2QSO is a neat thing,
and those who think that it is an attack on the spirit of contesting.  There
are probably even more people who aren't afflicted with strong feelings one
way or the other.

First off, let's all catch our breath and realize that it is a good thing to
be able to deabte this in an open forum.  Hopefully, we can continue to do this
without it being a personal attack.

I do think playing the "ARRL has approved this" card doesn't tell the whole
story.  Initially, the ARRL didn't approve it.  However, in the end, they had
to look at the technical details of what was being done and realize that they
couldn't defend that position.  I know they didn't want to.

The proponents of the technology shouldn't look at this any other way.

This deabte is sort of the tip of the iceberg on the whole "human ears" element
to contesting.  Technology has the potential to shift the nature of the
human experience significantly in contesting.  For those who like the current
experience, this might not be something they want.  For others, it is a positive
advancement.

I think it is easy to understand that not everyone is going to welcome this
step with open arms.

So - this debate can't be solved.

Those who complain about those of us who continue to "whine" about it, should go
back and see who started this thread.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net