[VHFcontesting] CU2QSO

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CU2QSO
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Mon Jul 21 08:53:13 2003
   So, as a fixed station in a VHF contest, it seems to me that CU2QSO
could be used in one of two ways:

   (a) I sit in front of a computer screen and wait for something to happen.
       Like watching TV but not as fun.

   (b) The CU2QSO computer is off to the side and I completely ignore it
       until IT TELLS ME that there's a station on the band.

   Neither of these seems to me to be as much fun as twiddling the knobs,
aiming the antennas, and decoding SSB or CW signals with my own two ears.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops