[VHFcontesting] Keep the true spirit of contesting alive

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Keep the true spirit of contesting alive
From: braillist@sympatico.ca (Bill Burgess)
Date: Mon Jul 21 09:52:23 2003
As a ham licensed only 6 months, I read arguements posted here with much
disappointment about high tech and contesting.

I operated the CW WW VHF contest as a Rover and totally alone erected the
Cushcraft 4218 boomer and F9FT 5 el beams on 20 feet of pipe at 2 grid
locations and the F9FT alone at the last.  Used an Icom 756 ProII without using
voice recorder, 706 on 2 and straight key and am happy to report 171 contacts.