[VHFcontesting] keep the true spirit of contesting alive

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] keep the true spirit of contesting alive
From: kc4atu@yahoo.com (Bill - KC4ATU)
Date: Tue Jul 22 06:53:26 2003
Ok gents, take a deep breath a think a minute. Here is a person new to the
hobby who makes the request that we remember those who operate with just a
radio and antenna. You know, the way you used to do it.

Now, what do you do, you jump down the boys throat with both feet a pick him
apart. Nice thing to do to a new VHF/UHF ham. Good way to keep him in the
ranks. If this is a example of your normal reactions to a different point of
view, than no wonder the hobby is in a decline. Who would want to stay with
such friendly people.

The man is new to the hobby and to VHF/UHF contesting. ELMER HIM, do not run
him off.

Just my two cents, and I run just the radio and antenna. I do log with the
computer, but thats it.

73,  Bill  kc4atu