[VHFcontesting] Re: [Mw] Powering microwave amps from portablesupplies

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: [Mw] Powering microwave amps from portablesupplies
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:51 2003
You might want to look into the Linear Technology LT1074 IC.  If you don't
need more than 5 amps, these devices are great.  I've designed power
supplies to put out 5, 12 and 16 volts at 5 amps with the input voltage
being varied from 3 to 40 volts.  The output stays stable; of course, at
voltage inputs lower than the output voltage, the input current goes up
proportionally for a
given output current.

73, Zack W9SZ