[VHFcontesting] Timely results = Increased activity & better submittal?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Timely results = Increased activity & better submittal?
From: k3dne@adelphia.net (Ed Kucharski)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:51 2003
Ev,

I like both ideas, especially the All-band VHF Sprint which is an idea that
came up a couple of times during the recent brain storming that took place
secondary to the decrease in activity posts.  I had been giving this a lot
of thought lately too.  An all band sprint of a 6 - 8 hour duration could
be a really fun and fast paced event.

Getting the results sooner would be great and maybe set a new standard for
faster result turn-around times for all ARRL contests.

Instead of a 5 hour event, I'd suggest an 8 hour event after daylight
savings time starts (3pm - 11pm or so) to give the rovers some time to move
around between a few grids before it gets too dark.  It would also be a
great opportunity to implement some of the other ideas that came out of the
on-line discussions such as a multi-op low power category instead of a
limited-multi category and have scoring with less  emphasis on microwaves
(like 1 point for any qso between 50-450MHz and 2 points for any qso above
902MHz OR 1 or 2 points for all qso's regardless of band).

What's the next step?

73,
Ed K3DNE