[VHFcontesting] CW in VHF test

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CW in VHF test
From: ka5cvh@ka5cvh.com (Mike Urich)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:54 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "clements" <ve7cyt@sprint.ca>

If it is clear...call away on CW. Even if it is busy, the cw signal will
put you on par with a weak SSB sig. I would assume that the main thing is
to stay out of the DX window.

Mike wrote

Last year my son and I were down in EL28 when all of a sudden a strong CW
signal, probably somewhere around 12-15 wpm came up on 50.125.  I picked up
the mic and said something to the effect of "my cw is way too rusty for that
so you're going to have to slow it down some" to which he came back on
phone.  It turned out I was only a few miles from him and since the bands
were "DEAD" we had a nice long qso over two grids trying to stir up other
activity.

The moral of the story is yeah send CW just be prepared for one of us ole
slow code techs not to be able to copy it well.  :-)

Mike Urich, KA5CVH
www.ka5cvh.com
http://www.ka5cvh.com/vhf/vhfindex.htm