[VHFcontesting] CW in VHF test

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CW in VHF test
From: flowersa@alltel.net (Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:54 2003
I've always been a big believer in X-mode QSOs in the contest.  I would
venture to say nearly half of my mults on 2m the last time I was on in
June were x-mode, at least to initiate the QSO.  I've found that my
brick/yagi can hear the 1500W SSB from 600mi away, but getting those
stations' to turn their antennas can be a chore.   I've been on the
other end of the power meter here in the east as well, and CW will do
the trick.  I would advise that everyone adjust their radios so that
they RX in USB when in the "cw" mode, and if possible, allign the
receivers so that you don't jump 700Hz when you switch between modes.
 That allows for and instant mode change when you need it, and it may
allow you to just eek out that new grid in a knick of time....

GL this weekend!
Andy K0SM/2