[VHFcontesting] Re: ARRL VHF Contest

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: ARRL VHF Contest
From: w2fca@cs.com (w2fca@cs.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:44 2003
"Tim Marek" <timm@cccomm.net> wrote:
>Privacy issues? This is a public contest and the results
>should be public as well. I want the log to look at activity
>on the bands, track Es openings over a known time period
>and compare the data against known WX data looking for
>possible connections, that kind of thing.
This was suggested before and there was a big hue and cry about the privacy
issue. This isn't my idea, this was the complaint of a number of the higher
scoring people. It would be interesting to send an email to the top 40 scoring
stations and ask for a copy of their log just to see what you would get as an
answer.

>The six months doesnt hold water either. 3 months of that is
>publication lead time. 30 days is waiting for logs to come in.
>30 days to process the logs and 30 days to prepare the results.

The results for the 2002 10M contest (Dec 14), the 160M contest (Dec 6) and the
Nov Phone Sweepstakes (Nov 16) aren't even on the web yet as of this morning.

Frank
W2FCA