[VHFcontesting] Re: ARRL VHF Contest

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: ARRL VHF Contest
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:44 2003
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:47:52AM -0400, KG4QDZ wrote:

> It DOES look suspiciously like the ARRL is making a quick case to drop
> things...

I am not sure I understand how you get to this conclusion.

The article that sparked this entire thread was written
by W3ZZ the new and current editor of the "World Above
50 Mhz" coloumn in QST.  He was/is looking at ways that
might increase activity in the ARRL VHF contests no
excuses to kill them.

There is no doubt to me that the ARRL is very supportive
of weak signal VHF.  One way they show this support is that
they deovte about 3 to 4 pages of QST space to weak signal
VHF topice *every* month of the year.  I think this might be
more space than any other area of ham radio in QST each year.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net