[VHFcontesting] RE: VHF/UHF antenna switch

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RE: VHF/UHF antenna switch
From: k2txb@dxcc.com (Russ Pillsbury)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:24 2003
cboone@earthlink.net wrote:

> Subject: Re: VHF/UHF antenna switch
>
> Use a triplexer.......Comet and Diamond make them.....allows you
> to use the feedline on all three bands at the same time! Why switch
> when you lose the other 2 bands at the time???  Since the
> UHF side is a HP filter, it MAY work ok up to 1296...but not sure..
> have never tested one on an analyzer up that high...

Err, ahh, and how much loss do these things have?  The ones we used in the
Navy were terrible - and they were tuneable so could be 'optimized'.  They
were only valuable because aboard ship we could run lots of UHF transcievers
into one antenna and it worked ok when you were only talking a few miles.
But for amateur purposes they would suck - unless you only want to work your
local repeaters.  But this is not the FM repeater reflector...

73, Russ K2TXB