[VHFcontesting] Pre-contest skeds

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Pre-contest skeds
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:06 2003
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:21:04PM +0000, Bill Olson wrote:

> Hi all, Well, this is TRUE! But the same holds for moving stations up the
> band - a common practice on VHF that NEVER occurs on HF - , and the signals

I move stations to diffrent HF bands all the time.

> Another thing, VHF is a special "weak signal" case of operating. Maybe just
> hearing the "rogers" is OK.

I do not see how "weak signals" on VHF are any diffrent than
weak signals are on HF or any other band.  I work _tons_ of
very very weak guys on HF all the time.  I work lots of _very_ weak
stations on the HF bands on random, on dead bands, when you have to be
beaming at them etc.  When I do a VHF contest - I use those same skills
to work weak stations.  To me Working stations on 2 meters does
not feel much diffrent than working stations on a dead 10 meter band
in the middle of the night.

So I guess I am saying I do not buy the idea that it
is diffrent because it is the VHF bands.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net