Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: MFJ QRT on May 17, 2024

To: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: MFJ QRT on May 17, 2024
From: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 13:25:26 +0000
"I found his comments about covid odd.  We sell on the internet and our sales
were beyond amazing during covid.  Everyone was home getting free money (cough)
and buying up everything!  It is too bad that they were not positions to take
advantage of all the hams sitting at home."

I think COVID was great for retail businesses or even manufacturers if they had
inventory or at least all the components required to keep manufacturing lines
running full-time during the pandemic.

The issue, which I suspect was MFJ's issue, is if mfg relied on J.I.T. parts
shipments and timely deliveries, including well organized kanban orders and
shipments, they ran into snags with supply chain interruptions.   A lot of
supply chain interruptions.

Bummer when you have everything needed to build a $1000 automatic tuner but are
missing one IC to complete the buiid, and nobody has any, nobody is shipping
any and in some cases, nobody is even making any.