Re: [TowerTalk] Opposing boom to mast plates?

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Opposing boom to mast plates?
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 19:22:21 -0500
Well my masts are very heavy. Weight of the antennas is not a real factor.
And saying someone is not an engineer doesn’t help either.
I believe It is a fact that the wind forces on Yagi antennas pointing in
the same direction are transmitted to the mast in the exact same manner
regardless of which side of the mast they are clamped to. It is a fallacy
to think that they would exert force in the opposite directions and cancel.

Chuck W5PR