Re: [TowerTalk] Words.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Words.
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 06:23:37 -0700
On 5/30/23 5:51 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
Curious, indeed.  Take a look at the FCC regs on *towers*.  I tried yesterday to put an end to this debate by adding a note to the Wikipedia article, explaining that US and European usages are opposite one another.

And then, we have other usages of the word tower - The Campanile at UC Berkeley is a tower.

And the FCC calls them "Antenna Structures"  in 47 CFR 19

Although they do use the term tower a lot (radiation patterns in Part 73, Digital television transmission towers in Part 10, In Part 87 they use the word to refer to airport control towers.

73, Pete N4ZR