[TowerTalk] Force 12 C31XR Modeling

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C31XR Modeling
From: w5wz@w5wz.com
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 11:37:15 -0600
David,

I can't help you with the modeling; however, I can give you some insight on converting the F12 C-31XR/C-51XR from single to per-band feedlines.

I have a 3-high stack of C-31XR, each band with its own feed line. When I got the antennas, they were all single feed line. I assembled and checked out that way first, then did the conversion to multiple feed lines.

The conversion from single feed line to per-band included:
1. A driven element must be repositioned to the other factory-installed element-to-boom bracket. I think it is the 15m DE. 2. The tips of the same DE must be changed - I can't remember now if they are shortened or lengthened - it is whatever the manual indicated.
3. Lose the ROMEX to the same DE, replace with a CAL-AV Labs bead balun.
4. Either make and install or modify the coil hairpin across the same DE feedpoint. Again, no recall, but the manual led me down the correct path.

--Scott, W5WZ

Message: 1