Re: [TowerTalk] Wireman W2DU Current Type Balun

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wireman W2DU Current Type Balun
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 12:17:11 -0800
On 12/24/2022 11:53 AM, CEPitts wrote:
IMO can't go wrong with the Balun Design  products. Nice selection, support, well worth the investment from what I believe is a quality product.

The one sent to me by another ham was very well built. Unfortunately, it did not measure anything like the plot that was on their website. When I asked a few questions, the plot disappeared. Comments I've seen by the company suggest that they don't understand how common mode chokes work.

My assessment -- while they're unlikely to fail destructively, they're also unlikely to do much useful.

73, Jim K9YC