Re: [TowerTalk] vertical distance

To: <w5jmw@towerfarm.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] vertical distance
From: "Jon Zaimes, AA1K via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 19:55:46 +0000 (UTC)
I have an 80 meter broadside-end fire array of four 1/4 wave wire verticals.
Three are hung from trees and one is hung from a 100-ft Rohn 25 tower, spaced
out about three feet. The tower holds a small stack of 15m beams. The array is
nested within a similar array for 160 meters and each 80m element taps into a
single radial of the 160 meter on-ground radial system.
Analyzer readings when I installed the 80m elements were as they should be. Had
they not been, I would have looked at detuning the tower (or any of the 7 other
towers 50-200 feet away). I found no interaction with trees either.
The 80 and 160 arrays work very nicely.

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K

Tower climber for hire

http://www.aa1k.us/

Cell: 302-632-2353

Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922

Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.