[TowerTalk] Yaesu GA-3000

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu GA-3000
From: David Aslin G3WGN <david@aslinvc.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:44:38 +0000
Looking for recommendations/cautions for the Yaesu GA-3000 absorber.  Ideally,
some of the big station and tower installer folks will chime in as to whether
this product is worthwhile/durable.
My setup is about to be a Yaesu 2800DXC with K7NV clamp on a tower similar to a
US Tower HDX572; 40m Moxon and interlaced 15/20 monobander (32ft boom) on 20ft
chromolly mast.  Site is 525ft asl and fully exposed to onshore and offshore
winds (approx. 5 miles inland).
I will be managing ramp up/ramp down with a Green Heron RT21 controller, but
that won't help with the rocking back and forth from wind gusts when the
antenna is stationary; hence, the thought of an absorber like the GA-3000.
Any/all thoughts appreciated.

73, David G3WGN  M6O