Re: [TowerTalk] Prelube 6

To: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prelube 6
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 19:11:56 +0000
Bob,

Not sure not a chemist  I looked at the product and IMO the product  has no
expiration date.
On this subject I responded a few times and there are two camps ( go figure)
As I use when I was employed by Bethlehem Steel on all there in door and out
door crane drum cables
Was coated with a open wire and rope lube.
I my self have two R-25 72 ft break over towers and two 100ft with a 45 ft gin
pole and I just removed  one of the 100ft towers last Sunday
I use a product gotten at Granger  “ Sprayon  S00201 wire and gear lube.  I cut
the winch cable at a number of places  to check  it’s condition  at no layer of
the 3/16 cable showed ANY degradation  ( this tower was lowered a few  20 times
in it’s 30 year instlation ) and the cable  wicked a sound as it unwound  not
from moisture ( there was none) but the tacky substance of the lube..

30 years and as good and new…. Spray on  IMO

Wayne W3EA,