Re: Topband: B7P

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: B7P
From: "jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 10:15:37 -0700
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 11:13:12 -0700
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
To: topband@contesting.com

I have a 402CD ready to go once I get another tower up. We'll see how
that works :-)

73, Mike W4EF.............

##  At the VE7ZZZ  MM  station, back in the 80's, they had a 402CD up 65'.
 I got to use it one night..summertime, while passing through their neck of
the woods.   That was the most fun I have had to date.  They were on 19
acres, on a hill, overlooking a lake.   They had to generate their own AC
power.   Nearest, and only  neighbour was  3/4 mile away.    You can hear a
pin drop.

##  I had this huge JA pileup going instantly which lasted a couple of hrs,
till a VK called me.   I rotated from 300degs..down to 257 degs, and he
just about fell on the floor.  Aprx 1300w pep out on SSB at the time.

## previous to that, they had tried wire ants up 90' in the pine
trees...... and also phased verticals, you name it, they had tried it.  The
2 el, shorty 40 cleaned house.

## Lemme know how it works out for you.