Re: Topband: Remotes

To: Ken WA8JXM <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Remotes
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 18:40:52 -0800
"Can I claim a 5000 mile 2m QSO by remotely operating a
station 4999 miles away that can communicate with the DX station in the
same village?"

This is getting a bit silly.

If you operate a remote station - it doesn't matter where you are sitting -
it matters where your radio is,

Many people can't put up stations any more and use a remote station for
their operation.  What they do
with awards is between them and "god".  As long as they adhere to whatever
rules are in place for their
license - there is nothing wrong with it.

I cited an example on this reflector recently where an operator was sitting
in W6, using a remote on the East
Coast and saying they were in CA.  Good news - they saw the light and
signed NY for their QTH this time.

I think this thread has run its course - and most of it has been hashed out
before.  There will be remote operations,
some people will use it to inflate their country totals - and some won't.
Not much is going to change as a result of
this thread.

73 Tree N6TR