Re: Topband: Remotes

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Remotes
From: lmlangenfeld <lmlangenfeld@tds.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 08:33:34 -0600
The fundamental questions seem to be: What is the purpose of a DX QSO? What
does a DX contact signify?In my book, three things:(1) The ability to assemble
a station capable of making the contact;(2) An understanding of propagation
sufficient to identify and exploit the path; and(3) Sufficient operating skill
to complete the contact within the constraints of (1) and (2).Otherwise, what's
the point?  Without these three things, why bother with radio?Mark --
WA9ETWSent from my  U.S.Cellular© Smartphone