Re: Topband: Remotes

Subject: Re: Topband: Remotes
From: Ken WA8JXM <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 23:19:38 -0500
Why is it  important what someone else does?  Doesn't our fulfillment come
from what **we** do?

I admit, I'm not a competitive person.  I prefer to be amazed at what I can
do with my own skills, including the antenna I experiment with,
Someone else blows $50,000 on an antenna and works a weak 9K2 station.
Okay, bully for him, that doesn't change what I do.

Some people can buy their DXCC, others earn it. I have 132 (or so)
confirmed countries but that's just for me.  I haven't sent it in for
League approval, why should I care what Newington collects money for?
 Heck, back 30 or 40 years ago, I cleaned out the shack and pitched all my
certificates and QSL cards, 78 countries at the time.  It doesn't matter,
**I** know I had done that before spotting networks or any of the
modern crutches.  It's a HOBBY, it's a PASTIME.

YMMV.

Ken WA8JXM