Topband: Re - VK/ZLs in the CQWW CW 160?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Re - VK/ZLs in the CQWW CW 160?
From: Phil Hartwell via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 16:10:41 +0800
G'day Topbanders,

Sad to say condx were abysmal, for the CQWW 160m CW contest, at least as far as VK6 to Asia and Stateside is concerned.Tree summed it up very well.

I listened from 1/2 hour before my SS at 1119z and throughout Saturday evening. There were plenty of extremely weak traces on the screen, but due to relatively low summertime QRN, I was able to establish they were all east Asian, but very much weaker than usual, I didn't hear a single stateside signal.

Sorry EU's, I did not operate prior to my Sunday SR, at 2135z (0535 local),due to 160m news broadcast commitments at 2200z, but during the preparations, I heard plenty of EU's coming through at reasonable strength on 1848kHz.

Unfortunately, Kev, VK6LW and Steve, VK6VZ, were both out of action. So don't worry about your RX antennas, we weren't here.

73, Phil VK6GX and in contests, VL6M.

www.avg.com