Topband: 160 Contest - EU Opening

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Contest - EU Opening
From: <ars.ky7m@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 15:22:51 -0700
I was operating on the M/S team at NA7TB where we have the Milt Jensen
designed 8-Circle and Beverage farm.  The first night was very disappointing
with only one EA and Bob at MU5E in the log.  The second night had the
surprise strong EU opening from 0520 - 0610Z.  I logged 20 EU stations
(including DR5X).  The loudest was OM7M sounding like a local.  It was sad
to have the EU propagation shut down again to Arizona for the remainder of
the night.  I counted 13 new mults from the opening so it certainly helped
our final score.  Conditions to EU were better last year on both nights.

Lee, KY7M