Re: Topband: What is a valid CW contact

To: Ron Spencer <ron.spencer@zoho.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: What is a valid CW contact
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:52:44 -0500
When you're trying to work a DXpedition outside a contest, I see no problem
with checking live log and working them again until they get your call
right.

Things are different in a contest. I don't think contesters should be
checking live logs. Quoting some rules:
CQ 160: "Do not arrange or confirm QSOs by any other means than the use of
the 160-meter band and the same mode as used in the contest."
ARRL 160: PROH 3: "Arranging, soliciting, or confirming any contacts during
or after the contest by use of any nonamateur radio means."

In contest logchecking you won't lose contest credit for the Q/mult if the
other guy obviously busted your call (off by one letter, dropped letter,
etc.) That doesn't help you get DXCC credit via LOTW though which does
insist on a perfect match!

Tim N3QE