Topband: What is a valid CW contact

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: What is a valid CW contact
From: Ron Spencer via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:04:26 -0500
I've never been DX (well, USVI but that's not rare nor hard to get to) so can't
give a perspective from that viewpoint.

My thinking is this: you either got my call 100% right, or you didn't. Same
standard as in a contest. If you logged something other than my call, then I
didn't have a valid Q with you.

With real time streaming and DXpedition logs uploaded either almost real time
or within hours (when available) it is quite easy to tell if the Q was valid
(i.e. am I in the log?). If not, well, try again.

These are my views and mine alone. Not suggesting anyone alter their views. And
I'm writing this from the comfort of my home shack with a solid roof over my
head, electricity on demand, bathroom down the hall, comfy bed and a nicely
stocked refrigerator

Ron

N4XD

Sent using https://www.zoho.com/mail/