Re: Topband: GM from Timor Leste

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: GM from Timor Leste
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 14:20:55 -0700
I've been licensed for 63 years, I'm on the top of the DXCC and IOTA lists.
I have done contesting for most of my life but now burnt out.

I have lately turned to FT8 as a new challenge and for something to do with
my well built station. I do agree that FT8 is not a big challenge to
operate, but there are techniques to learn to work difficult DX. I'm at 278
DXCC entites. While there are other modes to work, FT8 is my current choice.

Currently, with N6VR, I do not need 4W on any band. But, using W7YA on FT8,
I do need 4W on on several bands, including 160m.

This earily morning at 1135z (4:30am) local time I was seeing 4W8X on 160m
FT8 at -20. The station was decoded for a few working Asia There were
several of us NA stations calling. Within 10 minutes the station went QRT.

At 1200z, 4W8X was spotted on 1.826. I listened on and off for the next 30
minutes but heard nothing.

To me, on one mode there was a possibly of a QSO, but the another mode,
none. I went to bed at 1300z to get a bit more sleep.

This is my opinion, but I know, others may disagree.

Ray,
N6VR/W7YA