Re: Topband: GM from Timor Leste

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: GM from Timor Leste
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 13:21:33 -0800
On 11/14/2023 1:02 PM, n4is@comcast.net wrote:
I live  in a city lot and worked 305 on 160m, starting 2006,  and I
hear 316 countries, Doug NX4D lives in a 1/5 acre and worked 314 on
160m, starting 2003.
We have no beverage antennas!
People only see what they want to see!

Everyone's antenna limitations are different. I have no place where I could rotate an RX antenna like yours, or rig any of the RX arrays. Neither could Garry. We both live in very dense redwood forests. It's also a LOT easier to work a lot of countries on 160M from anywhere around the Atlantic basin than it is from anywhere in North America around the Pacific. It's like running home from third base and thinking you've hit a home run.

73, Jim K9YC