Topband: Timor Leste report #5

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Timor Leste report #5
From: Dietmar Kasper <dl3dxx@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 22:32:53 +0100
GM top banders
last night was not productive into US. Again much QRN from thunderstorms down
south.
Was spotted by skimmer VE6WZ several times but it not resulted in QSOs.
First little opening after 13z into W6 W7 area.
At this time the band was silent so I was able now to copy K1PX who was trying
so many nights
A few other Ws but no VE, no KL, no KH6.
Europe was weak at 13z at their sunset but a few QSOs were possible. After that
the band
faded again and was almost empty.
I took half hour sleep while the robot tried to get stations in the log in this
new mode,
where it is said that this is the future of ham radio.
Came back to CW and the band opened to Europe slowly. North Europe was favoured
with
OH, SM and some LA. One hour before sunrise good opening to DL again with lot
of second
and third level stations (someone insisted me using whatsapp to arrange these
contacts,
but I never have been on whatsapp nor in facebook  .. I just know DLs and their
calls :-)
Few 9a and S5 and I think one SV but again nothing south from YO, LZ
After the DLs a number of ONs was worked and the band opened also to SM and LA
again.
The morning ended with some G stations but the sunrise peak was only a weak one.
Good to work some old friends like ON4WW, PA3FQA, LA7GIA, LA5HE, SM5GLC and
DL2JRM.
Slowly we get most of the active DX stations in the log.
Beverages paid off a lot.
time for the bed now - more later
73 Dietmar