Re: Topband: AM broadcast multiplexing

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: AM broadcast multiplexing
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 12:43:56 -0700
On 4/22/2023 10:02 AM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
I am always amazed at the hams who will buy a home within sight of a
broadcast tower.

Or this church, on a lot that borders a 50KW rig on 1160 kHz. I used this photo in a talk about RFI in church sound systems. At the time, many microphones and the most popular mic mixers had bad Pin One Problems, and the most widely used cables for rack wiring and mic snakes were of a type that convert shield current to a signal on the balanced pair.

k9yc.com/WJJD-Church.png

I can post a link to a talk I did for the Chicago AES Section in 2004 if anyone is interested. It discusses the mechanisms in detail.

73 Jim K9YC