Topband: (no subject)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: (no subject)
From: "jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 16:09:41 -0700
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 16:16:58 +0000 (UTC)
From: Phil Lefever <kb0nes@yahoo.com>
To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: AM broadcast multiplexing

<Eric,

<I live about 3/4 mile from the multiplexed stations KKMS/WWTC (980 & 1280)
<here in MN and they are all over the ham bands in my receivers.

<Phil, KB0NES

## what might just work better than a HP filter......is a tunable / fixed
notch filter, like a high Q type...with a high L to C ratio. On paper, that
should take out the offending station a lot better vs a HP filter.  2 or
more notch filters could be used.

The notch filter could also be used in conjunction with the HP filter.  The
issue with the HP filter is..... it will provide more attenuation at the
low end of the broadcast band vs the top end of the broadcast band.  IE: ur
on say 1805 khz, and the AM station is on 1610 khz..... vs an AM station on
610 khz.

Jim  VE7RF