Re: Topband: CQWW160: Night 2

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>, Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160: Night 2
From: Brian Campbell <ve3mgy@hotmail.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 14:24:51 +0000
This enhancement also happened in SW Ontario. I was also LP ( unassisted ) so
as I S&P'd I would enter each call into the bandmap ( dupe or not ) to keep
track of what trace was who so I could pop back between runs to try and grab
the unworked ones. At about 0215z all the EU traces I was watching on the
bandmap suddenly got noticeably stronger - and then shortly after that happened
EU started calling me on my run QRG. EU Sigs went from ~S1 to ~S5 and the
opening lasted to 0623z. During that time I put 24 10 pointers ( from 12 DXCC )
in the log between running NA stations.

I agree it was a real good shot of adrenaline at the time.

73
Brian
VE3MGY