Re: Topband: How good is good enough

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: How good is good enough
From: "m.r.c." <mrc02@kinderteacher.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 21:13:19 -0800
DXpediton style

take 3-4 feet of bare solid # 10 # 12 copper wire and make a loop around the base of the antenna support- make it larger if necessary, wrap and solder the ends of the loop

Wrap a couple turns from each radial around the loop wire. Solder. The joints are far enough apart to make soldering reasonably easy even with MANY radials.

If you must use a dis similar metal, use the same technique and split bolt wire clamps, feed two at a time through each split bolt

Run as heavy a wire as you think necessary from the ground ring to the feedline shield, transformer return, whatever goes to ground.

Robin
WA6CDR
VP6DX, etc

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>