Re: Topband: How good is good enough

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: How good is good enough
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 10:13:18 -0800
On 11/12/2022 10:02 AM, CUTTER DAVID via Topband wrote:
I'd be interested to know how you make the joints, then add joints to joints,
then...doesn't it get a bit lumpy?  Do you solder or crimp or nuts and bolts,
joints in three at a time...?

I've done it two ways. There's a DX Eng radial plate at the base of my Tee vertical connecting a very large number of on-ground radials. For a couple of verticals sloping off my 120 ft tower, fed at their base and using the tower as a passive reflector, I use copper split-bolt connectors to connect four elevated radials for each sloper. I also use split-bolts to connect on-ground radials for the tower (it needs a good radial system because it's a passive reflector).

73, Jim K9YC