Re: Topband: Beverage upgrade question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage upgrade question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 12:11:56 -0700
On 8/24/2022 7:54 AM, David Olean wrote:
One thing I noticed was that hanging ferrites all over my beverage feedlines was a huge help in keeping noise low in your system.

While I agree that ferrite chokes on antenna feedlines can VERY effectively reduce noise pickup on feedlines, it's critical to understand how such chokes work.

This is my work on the topic of chokes for RX antennas.
http://k9yc.com/RXChokesTransformers.pdf

This is a tutorial on how ferrite chokes work. The concepts have been in the Handbook for more than ten years.

http://k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Great stuff from Joel in this thread.

73, Jim K9YC