Topband: FST4 on Top Band

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: FST4 on Top Band
From: Mike Weber <mg.weber@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 18:53:15 +0000
I saw the threads on this topic that dated to close to a year ago today,
but was curious about what people found in terms of performance. It seems
like this should be a good DX mode, as people have said.

I'm trying to complete a QSO with a ZL chap and have tried a few times
using FST4 with 60 and 120 second settings, but no luck.

According to the tables/data you can find, FST4 with a 120 setting is more
sensitive than WSPR. I was decoded on WSPR but not on FST4-120, which is
odd.

Today I transmitted using the 300 second mode just as a test, starting 30
minutes before and every "even multiple of 5 minutes past the hour" until
the local ZL SR - and will find out later today if my partner in crime
managed to decode me.

I noted that Adrian VK4TUX was using this mode - Adrian if you're reading
this, please email me!  My email is on QRZ.com.

Any practical experience and suggestions are welcome!
Thanks
Mike M0AGP