Re: Topband: Re CQ WW 160m Contest

To: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>, vk3io <vk3io@iinet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Topband: Re CQ WW 160m Contest
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 07:22:39 -0800
On 1/31/2022 5:50 AM, Steve London wrote:
Ron,

I'm surprised you didn't have a better USA opening. From here in New
Mexico, we had an outstanding Pacific opening on Saturday from 1215Z-1415Z.
Many JA, but also:

Same here. In a 40 minute period starting at 1240Z, I worked 40 JA's plus S Korea and UA0. All of them called me, while I was running.
Even JA3YBK.   Three Chinese stations were heard but not
worked ... by anyone.  Hi.  I ultimately put 47 JA's in the log that
morning.  Oh, did I mention I was only running 100 watts?

Rick N6RK