Re: Topband: K9AY RX antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY RX antenna
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 10:14:39 -0500
Pete.

The recent modeling I did in evaluating the effects of soil type for the Folded Counter Poise as a ground plane was a real eye opener as to how much soil conductivity affects the performance of any given antenna.

QUESTIONS:

1) What Kind of soil are you working with (conductivity, dielectric constant )

2) Tell us more about the radials that you have laid down? for both the K9AY and your Inverted L

3) What is the proximity to other antennas? in particular the 160 M Inv-L

Dave

NR1DX