Re: Topband: K9AY RX antenna

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY RX antenna
From: HP via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 17:03:12 -0500 (EST)
While listening on your RX ant try opening and shorting the feedline to your TX
antenna -I bet there is a big change in RX signal and F/B on a given station
will change .

My model of a 2 el active rx array pattern when I change the impedance
presented to the center of my inv vee shows that if that impedance at center of
the inv vee is not above 500 ohms -it will seriously destroy the two el
pattern. ( For quick look I did it for real part -have not looked at pattern
degradation vs reactive loads since my feedline to the inv vee happens to be a
half wave long .)

Hank K7HP