Re: Topband: Radials on ground v FCP

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials on ground v FCP
From: CUTTER DAVID via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 17:09:17 +0000 (GMT)
Thanks, Rick.

My particular circumstances limit me to a small triangle of ground in the
corner of a field and the FCP suits that very well.  It would be interesting to
know how the FCP compares to something well known, like a broadcast station
ground.

I like the idea of the spiral counterpoise:  I experimented with a one turn
counterpoise in EZNEC
at 3 m above ground level.  It looked workable but too big for my space, so, I
could make that into a spiral and perhaps not be too concerned about symmetry.
However, looking to Guy's idea of stacking the wires vertically so they  shade
the ground underneath might be worth a try. Compressing things always seems to
limit bandwidth, so, that's something to be wary of.

David G3UNA