Re: Topband: Need antenna help

To: Artek Manuals <Manuals@artekmanuals.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Need antenna help
From: FRED BELGHAUS <fbelghaus@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 11:45:17 -0500
Many thanks, gents, for the responses.

The intended operation would include domestic and DX work, but not to "set
the world on fire."
The op has a modest station, and I believe he will only be running in the
100-200 Watt class.

The other intention is to use the 43 ft vertical on all bands from 160-10,
so that's why I thought
adding the horizontal wire and switching it in would be the solution.  But
I especially wish to
thank Joe, W4TV, for the 2 fine articles that I think provide the best
practical solution.

My friend is a fairly new ham, so I can help him with building the matching
network, even
supplying some of the parts.

Thank you all for your assistance.  I will now send him the applicable info.

73 and Best Wishes for the Holidays,

Fred W2AAB