Re: Topband: Corner insulator of Inverted L

To: topband reflector <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Corner insulator of Inverted L
From: donovanf@erols.com
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 13:01:11 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Pete,

One of the best ways to figure out how to rig antenna wires
for long reliable life is to examine how power companies
and trolley lines rig their wires.

I have many 280 foot diameter quad loops with the corners
hundreds of feet high and supported at the corners by ropes.
The loops sometimes support hundreds of pounds of ice
during ice storms. The loops have been installed for decades
with no failures.

I use two small thimbles, one that supports the vertical wire
and one that supports the horizontal wire, with a short slack
wire section between them. A small shackle mechanically
joins the insulator to the two thimbles.

73
Frank
W3LPL