Re: Topband: Materials for Beverages?

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Materials for Beverages?
From: List Mail <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:17:39 +1000
I use the black screw-in plastic insulators for Beverage wire supports on
poles, and ceramic strain insulators for the wire ends. The high voltages
likely on the ends of elevated radials of transmitting antennas do not trouble
the ceramic electric fence strain insulators. For my two-wire Beverages, I use
a long coach screw through two ceramic barrel insulators where I use a tree for
an intermediate support. This maintains the spacing, about 1.5”. I secure the
wires with a bit of tie wire, not too tight, to allow the wires to slide when
the tree moves.
My local hardware/farm supply store is the source for most of my wire antenna
stuff. It’s very convenient.
73, Luke VK3HJ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10