Re: Topband: K9AY Loop Question

To: "'topband reflector'" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY Loop Question
From: "Lloyd - N9LB" <lloydberg@tds.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 10:57:36 -0600
Hello Pete,

Gary - K9AY is a "local".  I've spoken with him in person about this same issue
that I experienced at my QTH.  The loop geometry is not real critical but a
good ground is extremely important.  I have poor soil conductivity here.

Gary recommended putting a radial wire directly under each of the loops
extending several feet beyond the edge of each loop.  Also be sure to use
common mode chokes on the RF and control lines.

73

Lloyd - N9LB