Re: Topband: Bev under high power transmission lines

To: Richard King <k5na@ecpi.com>, Michael Fischer <mikebfischer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bev under high power transmission lines
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 08:47:15 -0800

On 1/15/2021 6:34 AM, Richard King wrote:
I would suggest not putting a beverage there.

Even if the beverage doesn't overlap the power lines, it will still be
noisy because of the alignment.

73, Richard - K5NA

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 5:16 AM Michael Fischer <mikebfischer@comcast.net>
wrote:

Instead of a beverage. ise a small "magnetic loop" antenna, such as the one I published in NCJ and orient it to null the power line noise. You could also try to use a noise cancelling box with noise antenna to cancel the noise from the beverage.

Rick N6RK